At the Corporation for Public Broadcasting OIG, we:
- conduct independent audits and investigations;
- review and comment on relevant legislation;
- make recommendations on how CPB and its operations and initiatives could be conducted more efficiently and on how to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse;
- maintain a hotline to receive complaints from the public and CPB employees;
- investigate complaints regarding possible wrongdoing, wastefulness, abuse, and fraud;
- keep the CPB Board and Management informed of our activities and findings; and
- report to Congress and the public about our activities.