The Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) mission is to support public media by promoting accountability and integrity in CPB's operations and initiatives
OUR CORE VALUES
- Integrity — Our work is fair, balanced and credible.
- Excellence — We produce high quality work and follow ethical and professional standards.
- Collaboration — We seek and value input from each other and stakeholders.
- Adaptability - We embrace continuous improvement, knowledge, and flexibility to conduct effective oversight.
- Independence - We exercise our professional judgment without undue influence from Congress, CPB, or the public.
- Provide value-added and timely support to CPB initiatives and operations through independent oversight, including audits, evaluations, reviews, and investigations.
- Promote effective working relationships with Congress, the CPB Board of Directors (Board), management, and stakeholders and increase the visibility of OIG in the public media community.
- Promote innovation and leverage technology to expand OIG operations and improve transparency.
- Promote excellence and a healthy work environment.